Hey Breet Gang,
It’s the start of a new week, and I know you’re about to get caught up in the grind (because those bills won’t pay themselves 💰).
But before you do, let’s take some minutes to run through the biggest crypto news from last week!
There’s been interesting updates, a couple of major announcements and some assets freezing 🌚
- At the start of last week, Binance froze and recovered $450k worth of Crypto assets – which was about 83% of the funds that was stolen from DeFi protocol Curve Finance after a phishing attack! Talk about one day for the thief, one day for the owner 😆
- Our big boy Bitcoin rose to a high of over $24,000 before falling slightly on Friday last week, while Ethereum has continued to trade around $1,900. So far, there’s definitely good reasons to keep holding these two coins 💪🏻 and if you don’t want to, sell it to Breet 😛
- On more Ethereum news; the long-awaited Merge has been scheduled for September 15th/16th, and this news has not only rallied Ethereum by 14% but even Ethereum Classic has soared by 202% (and this has been linked to the ETH’s Merge news!). This is what we call grace by association, amen? 😁
- Crypto exchange platform Hotbit was forced to suspend all Crypto trading activities (yes, including withdrawals 🥲) after its funds were frozen by law enforcement authorities for alleged misconduct – definitely unpleasant times for them.
- Two big names in professional football made some interesting moves in the Crypto space; Real Madrid and Barcelona submitted a joint application for a Crypto and a Metaverse trademark; who no like better thing? 🤩
- In other news, Coca-Cola is sharing happiness in a whole new way; to mark its first year in the Metaverse, Coca-Cola partnered with Polygon to launch generative and shareable NFT collectibles to its existing NFT holders to celebrate International Friendship Day!
- It was a rough week for Currency Mixer Tornado Cash (TORN), as it lost half of its market valuation days after being slapped with sanctions by the U.S. Treasury Department, and having its developer arrested and detained over money laundering. Yawa left and right 👀
- The CEO of Robinhood Vladimir Tenev shared on Twitter that the company’s Web3 Cryptocurrency wallet now has over 1 million customers on its waitlist, and is set to enter into the beta-testing phase. Buga mode activated!
- Meanwhile, Samsung is getting ready to launch an NFT ecosystem for its Galaxy products, as it’s signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with six companies. There’s definitely something to anticipate here, and we’d be on the lookout! 🕺🏼
And that’s about it;
The good, the bad and almost everything in-between that went down in the Crypto world last week.
As always, you can stay informed on real-time crypto news by following Breet on our social media platforms & by checking in on the Breet app too.
Until next time, have a great week!
Somebody from Breet.