What’s good, Breet Gang?
Are your Christmas decors up yet?
Have you started booking flights — or you’re still catching feelings upandan? 🌚
And is it just me, or are Mondays less dreadful this month because of the holiday?
Anyhoo, it’s a new week again (the weekend doesn’t last even in December!) but we’re here with something exciting — Crypto News! 🕺🏼
Ready? Time to dig in.
Here’s What Happened In The Crypto World Last Week:
1. The Crypto market is still #TeamBearish, and Friday ended on a mixed note! Bitcoin (BTC) dipped slightly by 0.38% on Friday afternoon to $17,021 while Ethereum (ETH) was up by 0.41%, hitting $1,290. Shouldn’t we start begging 2023 like this?
2. Hackers have done their rubbish again o — BNB Chain Based DeFi Protocol Ankr was the victim. A hacker apparently exploited a bug in Ankr Protocol’s code, minted six quadrillions of aBNBc tokens, converted some into $5 million USDC & then moved 900 BNB ($253,000) into Tornado Cash! Yes, Tornado Cash again! 🌚
3. Some unfortunate news — crypto exchange platform Kraken is laying off about 1,100 of its employees (30% of the staff strength!) as a direct result of the ongoing “crypto winter”, just months after CEO Jesse Powell’s departure. This layoff era sha — e dey circulate 🥲
4. Also, the CEO of investment management firm BlackRock Larry Fink has stated that the firm invested $24M in FTX before its collapse, and then went on to predict that most crypto firms would fold in light of FTX’s demise. What do you think? 🙃
5. Now, good news; payment firm Stripe has launched its fiat-to-crypto payment offering for web3 businesses in dozens of countries, as a way of expanding the firm’s partnerships with crypto companies globally. Everybody’s catching up! 😁
6. Some Terra news o — South Korean prosecutors have mentioned that they’ve requested arrest warrants for eight individuals linked to the alleged fraud involving Terraform Labs, including co-founder Daniel Shin, and a group of early Terra ecosystem investors. In summary, ongoing wahala!
7. Binance is on a roll! The firm has officially acquired Sakura Exchange BitCoin and plans to enter the Japanese market through this acquisition as a Japan Financial Services Agency (JFSA) regulated entity. Sharp! 💪🏻
8. Meanwhile, Avalanche-based Decentralised Exchange (DEX) Trader Joe will be deployed on Ethereum scaling solution Arbitrum in “the coming days”, and the mainnet launch is expected to be in early 2023 as the DEX continues their expansion efforts. Looking forward to it! 🤩
9. And finally — Hong Kong-based blockchain gaming giant and venture capital company, Animoca Brands, has set plans in motion to launch a fund of up to $2 billion to invest in metaverse businesses. Rooting for this! 👏🏻
This is where we draw the curtains — it’s a wrap!
There’s always something happening in the Blockchain/Crypto scene, and you can trust Breet to always bring it to you!
To stay updated, be sure to follow us on our social media platforms, and via our blog too! 💻
Till next time, go do great stuff!