Hey, Breet Gang!
How’re you doing today?
Did you have a good weekend? 💙
I know – the last couple of weeks have truly been something, but there IS one major event to look forward to this weekend and unless you’re living under a rock, you know it – elections! 🇳🇬
Let’s keep our head up & get ready for it, m’kay? We move 🙏🏼
And of course, there’s something to look forward to every Monday – Crypto news! As always, it’s time for our rundown of the juiciest Crypto stories from last week.
Let’s get right into it:
1. The Crypto market had good days last week, but on Friday, Bitcoin (BTC) had dipped from the $25k mark after a 2.84% fall to $23,816, and Ethereum (ETH) followed suit – down by 0.80% to $1,667. This week will be better 🤲 .
2. Next up – the U.S. SEC is set to sue Terraform Labs, the company behind TerraUSD stablecoin + co-founder Do Kwon! Why? On charges of fraud, selling unregistered securities, selling unregistered security-based swaps & other related claims. Let’s see how this plays out 🥴 .
3. Moving on; Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has officially charged California-based firm Vista Network Technologies as well as its CEO Armen Temurian for fraudulently soliciting over $7M in BTC and ETH from their customers & then misappropriation of a portion of assets in a Ponzi-like scheme. Wahala 🙃 .
4. Some FTX gist? Of course! Ex-CEO Sam Bankman-Fried is still free based on his bail conditions, but he’s gotten a warning from Federal Judge Lewis Kaplan that a hearing could be held to revoke his bail and send him back to jail if he continually violates court orders like he’s been doing. It’s giving yellow card – final warning 🤧
5. Some exciting news – Sony Network Communications has partnered with Astar Network for a Web3 incubation program that would focus on the utility of NFTs & DAOs to explore “how blockchain technology can solve various problems in their industry”. A brilliant move! 👏
6. Hackers are at it again! Decentralised Finance (DeFi) Protocol Platypus Finance has suffered a flash-loan attack of about $8.5M, and this has caused its native stablecoin to lose its Dollar peg, falling to 48 cents from $1. Na wa 🧐 .
7. Back to good news – Crypto domain name provider Unstoppable Domains is expanding its reach even further, and now offers access to Polygon-based digital identities on crypto web browser Opera. A win for the Web3 community 🤩
8. NFT enthusiasts, come closer! Art Blocks & NFT gallery Bright Moments have teamed up to bring generative art to real life, and they’ve commissioned artist Michael Kozlowski to release a collection for this partnership that aims at tying NFTs to in-person experiences for collectors. Impressive sturv! 🕺
9. And finally; Web3 Native Messaging platform Salsa has raised $2M in a pre-seed funding round led by IDEO CoLab VC and Inflection.xyz, aimed at helping Salsa expand its newly launched mobile app and expand to brands. Big congratulations! 🎉
We’ve made it to the end of today’s news-list – thank you for reading!
Want to stay up-to-date with Crypto news? It’s super easy — follow our social media platforms and stop by the blog often! 💻
Until next time,