Rise & shine, Breet Gang!
Welcome to a wonderful new week 🕺🏼
Was the weekend nice to you? Have you been protecting your mental health from all the chao around us right now? I hope your answer to both questions is yes, my gee!
I’m giving virtual hugs out for free today & I hope we all have a sane week 🤗
As it’s another Monday morning (Yay 🌚), there’s one thing you can always expect — Crypto news run-down, featuring the biggest stories, brought to you by Breet!
Let’s get into it, shall we?
1. It’s been a good couple of weeks in the crypto market scene, but prices took a fall on Friday, with Bitcoin at $23,501 after dipping by 1.29%, while Ethereum dropped to $1,646 after a 1.32% loss. Who’s hodling? 👀
2. Next up — OpenSea has pushed out the next phase of its Drops feature, and it’s a release of a new suite of tools for creators who launch their collections in partnership with the NFT marketplace. Creators, take advantage! 🤩
3. Our next gist? A bit comical! Mastercard’s former NFT Product Lead Satvik Sethi, who resigned from his role on Thursday, didn’t just stop there. Satvik went on to mint his official resignation letter as an open-edition NFT on Ethereum via Manifold. Is this even legal? 🙃
4. Moving on o; Orion Protocol has been the latest victim of a targeted attack that’s caused a loss of about $3M worth of cryptocurrency. Shortly after the incident, the attacker’s identified wallet began passing Ether tokens through notorious mixer Tornado Cash. No words 😶
5. Layoffs are still happening, and unfortunately, Seattle-based Crypto Exchange Bittrex is set to reduce its staff number by laying off about 83 employees, citing ‘market conditions’ and the need to “reduce expenses and increase efficiencies” as the reason. Yikes 🥲
6. There’s more Bitcoin talk; Marathon Digital (MARA), one of the largest publicly traded Bitcoin miners, reportedly sold 1,500 BTC in January 2023 after the miners decided to monetize the recent rally in the crypto market (especially with the rise of BTC by about 40%!) for the first time ever. Can we blame them? 🤑
7. FTX is still a hot topic, and the counsel for former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried is in talks with U.S. prosecutors to “resolve the outstanding issues related to Bankman-Fried’s bail conditions”, which includes a bar from contacting current or former employees of FTX and Alameda Research (which Bankman-Fried had been going against apparently 🙃).
8. Up next — YouTube star and Pro-wrestler Logan Paul has been named alongside a number of associates in a proposed class-action lawsuit over NFTs sales for a project Paul promoted called CryptoZoo that never materialised. Influencer wahala! 🌝
9. And as we wrap up; Coinbase NFT, the non-fungible token (NFT) platform of crypto exchange Coinbase, has confirmed its temporarily halting Drops to focus on “features and tools” for its NFT marketplace. They’ve also denied the rumour (village people? 🤭 ) regarding shutting down the Coinbase NFT marketplace. Gossips need to be calming down o.
And this is where we’d call it a day — I hope you enjoyed reading!
To keep up with the latest stories in the Crypto world, be sure to follow us on our social media platforms & via this blog too!📱
Till next time,
Go do remarkable things!