What’s up, Breet Gang?
Happy New Year again! 🥳
How’s 2023 been treating you so far?
I hope it’s been very exciting, and that you’re feeling pumped up & optimistic about everything this year has to offer us!
Everywhere go soft, yes? 🤑
Meanwhile, if you’re resuming work today — virtual hug for you o! 🤗
It’s another Monday, and you know what that means; it’s time for our Crypto News rundown! 🌎
Here’s What Happened In The Crypto World Last Week:
1. 2022 rounded up last weekend, and we watched the biggest Cryptocurrencies with uncertainty as Bitcoin (BTC) fell by 0.71% to $16,479 while Ethereum (ETH) took a dip of 0.77% to $1,189 by late Friday. January will be better! 🤲🏻
2. Meanwhile, the Securities Commission of The Bahamas have confirmed holding $3.5B worth of FTX’s customer assets which they took a hold of in early November after the crypto exchange’s crash. Mixed feelings sha — or what do you think? 👀
3. In other news; Emiliano Grodzki, co-founder and CEO of Canadian bitcoin miner Bitfarms (BITF), has resigned according to a company statement, and has been replaced by Chief Operating Officer Geoffrey Morphy.
4. Wahala seems to be brewing, as Estonia-based crypto trading service 3Commas is currently being investigated by the FBI over data breach after 100,000 Binance & KuCoin API keys linked to 3Commas were anonymously leaked. When FBI is on your tail? No dey play o!
5. Next, FTX news — The U.S. Department of Justice has launched a criminal probe into the alleged FTX hack that drained nearly $400 million out of FTX-controlled wallets after the exchange filed for bankruptcy in November. About time o 🥲
6. Some commendable gist next; China has launched its first state-backed non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace on New Year’s Day (Jan 1, 2023), with an official launch ceremony held in Beijing. Whoop whoop — love it! 🕺🏼
7. Thought we were done with FTX talk? At all o! A group of FTX users have filed a class action lawsuit against the now-failed exchange that’s left millions with losses, and they’re seeking priority in the repayment and damages in bankruptcy proceedings at the US Bankruptcy Court. Doings o! 🌚
8. Some not-wonderful update — US-based cryptocurrency exchange and bank Kraken, has indicated that it will be closing its exchange services in Japan based on ‘current market conditions’. E no easy 🤲🏻 .
9. And lastly, Sam Bankman-Fried’s fraud case has been reassigned to US District Judge Lewis Kaplan after the former Judge Ronnie Abrams recused herself because of a “potential conflict of interest.” Definitely a wise move! 👏🏻
You’re all caught up on the stories for this week! 💪🏻
Remember, it’s very easy to stay up-to-date on the latest Crypto news over here — just follow us on our social media platforms & stop by our blog too! 📱
Till next time, go soar!