What’s good, Breet Gang?
It’s a Monday, but just like last week, October said; “You people went through months without public holidays in a country as tuff as Nigeria, so I’m dashing you two holidays in one week.” 😁
October, thank you o!
May we not be ungrateful 🤲🏻 .
The only prayer now is that October extends this kindness to the crypto market sha — fingers crossed 🥲 .
Meanwhile, as we do every Monday, it’s about time for a rundown of the biggest stories from the crypto scene! 🌎
1. This bearish trend still dey bear o. On Friday, Bitcoin lost 2.34% and hit $19,578, while Ethereum took a downward slide of 2.48%, landing at $1,331. We meuve 🥺
2. Kim Kardashian agreed to settle charges against her by paying a $1.26M fine after she unlawfully promoted a cryptocurrency on her Instagram without full disclosure. Influencer palava 👀
3. There was proper drama on Thursday night and Binance temporarily paused its BNB Chain “due to irregular activity” after an attacker stole 2 million BNB (~$566M USD) from the Binance Bridge!
4. Japan’s Prime Minister Fumio Kishida has formally announced the country’s plans of further implementing Web3 services by expanding investments in the metaverse and NFTs. God when o 🌚
5. Meanwhile, multinational fast food chain McDonald’s has officially commenced accepting Bitcoin (BTC) as a payment option in the town of Lugano, Switzerland. We can hear the attendants already — Cash, POS or Crypto? 💰
6. In more Ethereum-related news, Leading liquid staking solution Lido has expanded to give users of Layer 2 networks Arbitrum and Optimism access to the new wrapped staked ether (wstETH) token. Big moves! 💪🏻
7. In South Korea, the first arrest in the ongoing Terra-Luna investigation has been made, and no, it’s not Do Kwon! Terra’s Head of General Affairs, Yoo Mo was apprehended by the authorities on Wednesday 👀
8. Leading crypto fund manager Bitwise has officially launched a web3-focused ETF targeted at institutional and retail investors, despite the market’s downturn. This, my friend, is how you know Web3 truly is the future! 🤩
9. And finally — Asset management company Fidelity has launched a new Ethereum Index Fund, offering their clients access to ether (ETH), the second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization 👏🏻
And that’s it, Breet Gang!
You’re all caught up with the major stories, and I hope you enjoyed reading! 🕺🏼
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest Crypto news, be sure that you’re following us on our social media platforms & drop by on our blog as often as you can, m’kay? 💪🏻
Till next time, have an awesome week!