Wassup, Breet Gang?
Did you get the memo yet?
From my calculations, it’s exactly 90 days till 2022 is officially over — crazy! 🤯
There’s only two kinds of people right now:
Team “Where did the year go sef? 🤔”, and Team “Make 2022 dey go, my eyes don too see shege 🥲” — which side are you on? 👀
Anyhoo, right before we get back to our weekly grind, it’s time for a Monday run-down featuring major Crypto news from around the world!
Ready? Let’s go! 🌍
1. Bitcoin (BTC) continued to hold above $19k after a slight dip of 0.08%, while Ethereum (ETH) dropped to $1,330 after losing 0.09% in 24hrs on Friday. Fingers crossed that October is kinder to we Crypto holders! 🥺
2. Ethereum’s co-founder Vitalik Buterin has finally released his long-awaited book “Proof of Stake”, and also announced his intention of donating all sales proceeds to fund the Open Web! 👏🏻
3. Meanwhile, Warner Music Group has partnered with OpenSea to create and expand their fanbase on the Web 3.0-based music community. News like music to the ears! 🎶
4. Meta made a big announcement on Thursday — all users on Facebook and Instagram in the U.S. can now connect their wallets to the platform, share and cross-post their NFTs. Major flex! 🤩
5. In more NFT news, the rare CryptoPunk NFT #2924 was sold for nearly $4.5 million worth of ETH on Thursday by NFT gatherer Seedphrase, despite the bearish market. Ballers dey this world o! 🤑
6. Robinhood has officially announced the launch of its Web3 wallet exclusively with Polygon, which gives 10,000 waitlisted users access to participate in the wallet’s testing phase. Big moves! 💪🏻
7. South Korean prosecutors are seeking to freeze $62M worth of Bitcoin linked to crypto founder Do Kwon as the manhunt for him continues. This drama seems to be far from over sha 👀
8. Congratulations are in order as Singapore-based trading platform Crypto.com has officially been given approval to operate as a Digital Asset Service Provider (DASP) in France! 🇫🇷
9. And for our final story, Crypto exchange FTX has emerged as the highest bidder for bankrupt crypto lender Voyager (valued at $1.422 billion), thus winning the auction. It’s giving big money energy! 💰
That’s it, People of Breet.
You’re all caught up with the major stories — thank you for reading! 🕺🏼
Remember, to stay up-to-date on the latest Crypto news, simply keep a close eye on our social media platforms (we’re on Telegram too; shey you know? 👀 ) and the Breet app too 📱
Till next time, have an exciting week!