Hey Breet Gang,
September don almost mark attendance finish, and you already know what that means; the countdown to salary week officially begins today! 🕺
I know non-salary earners are judging sha, as per payday is everyday for them – especially active Crypto traders who know they can sell their coins and cash out with Breet any time! 🤑
For anyone who cannot relate yet, say this after me:
God abeg, I don’t wanna be a mechanic salary earner, I want to be a baller! 🙏
Anyways, as is the tradition every Monday, it’s time to get into the major Crypto news from around the world last week.
Ready? Leggo! 🌍
- The Crypto market isn’t recovering yet, and the biggest Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin and Ethereum – took a beating on Friday. BTC lost 2.03% and dropped to $18,862, while Ethereum sat at $1,284 after a 1.82% drop. God epp us 🌝
2. The UAE is about to make some big moves, as a partnership between CoinCorner and Seed Group (a company owned by the Royal Family of Dubai) has been established to expand and facilitate Bitcoin and other Crypto transactions in the UAE 🕺
3. CEO of Crypto Exchange Kraken Jesse Powell, has stepped down from his position to focus on “products, user experience & industry advocacy”, after opening up about feeling “bored” and “drained”. After holding this position since 2011? Definitely well-deserved 👏
4. Meanwhile, Crypto Exchanges Binance and FTX are the leading bidders for assets of the now-bankrupt crypto lender Voyager Digital, with Binance bidding slightly higher. A classic example of when the big boys are talking! 💰
5. Financial services company Nasdaq has joined the cryptocurrency space with the launch of its digital assets (custodian) services, which will first serve Bitcoin and Ethereum institutional investors. Big moves! 💪
6. In some unpleasant news, Crypto market maker Wintermute lost $160M in a DeFi operations hack, but also quickly reaffirmed in a statement that CeFi and OTC operations were not affected in any way. Fingers crossed that the stolen funds are recovered! 🧐
7. Is Tornado Cash actually making a comeback? Looks like it o! The Ethereum coin mixer has returned to software hosting website GitHub after developers made a call asking platforms that host the mixer service to unban it. We’d keep watching as this develops 👀
8. OpenSea NFT marketplace has launched support for the Arbitrium layer and new NFT projects through the addition of a fourth blockchain – Arbitrum One – to its marketplace. Excellent news! 😎
9. And finally, after several months, the Cardano Vasil upgrade and hard fork successfully went live last week Thursday, bringing “significant performance and capability” enhancements to the Cardano blockchain. Definitely calls for much applause! 🥳
That’s it, Gang – you’re all caught up on last week’s biggest stories.
We hope you enjoyed reading!
To keep up with more Crypto new stories throughout the week, be sure to follow us via our social media platforms 📱
Till next time, have a fantastic week!